Under Construction! While we are still under construction and will be adding to our website, we hope you enjoy what we have to offer.
We are glad you came to visit our website! We are a Christ-centered church teaching the Word of God and the Lutheran Confessions, holding those dear to our heart. We hope that you will benefit from our website and it is our sincere desire that you will visit us in person. We serve the communities of Carlyle, Breese, Keyesport, and our Carlyle Lake. Those vacationing in the area are always welcome and encouraged to join us.
Make the Most of Every Opportunity at Messiah Lutheran
“Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity… for you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord.”
These days are truly evil. We are confronted every day by a world rebelling against God’s way. Immorality is the new normal. So then, to whom shall we go? Facebook? Twitter? The media certainly can’t help us. In so many ways, most underscore the words in Proverbs “fools despise wisdom and instruction.”
Speaking God’s word may be uncomfortable. We may be mocked and our own family may even roll their eyes at us. At Messiah Lutheran we learn we can rely on Christ’s Word and Spirit to lead us. We learn to live as children of light and find out what pleases the Lord and also to sing and make music from our hearts…”always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Only through faith in Christ crucified do we have a life that earthly food and drink cannot provide, and what we need for eternal life.
This Week’s Events at Messiah!
We are Learning to Dress in the Whole Armor of God at at Messiah Lutheran
“Hear me, all of you, and understand: All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”
When we leave the commandment of God and hold with the tradition of men, all evil comes from within us. Out of our hearts comes evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, deceit, gossip, envy, slander, pride, foolishness…
At Messiah Lutheran we learn to take care, and keep our souls diligently; to be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. We endeavor to understand and make known to our children and our children’s children that we must put on the whole armor of God, so that we may withstand all and stand firm. As followers of Jesus we must imitate the God of love- building unity, nurture, love, and respect in our marriages, homes and to all we encounter.
- “Living a Chocolate Life” Ladies Bible Study Tuesday, 7pm.
- Midweek class begins Wednesday Sept 2 for 3rd – 5th graders after school at the church with “recess and snack” when students arrive. Class will begin around 3:40 and will run until 4:30.
- Confirmation Class begins Wednesday September 2 at 6:30 with an intro class to explain our time together. Both parents and their children are expected to attend as classes can only be successful with parental support.
- Choir rehearsal Wednesday at 7pm.
- Thursday Adult Instruction Class 6pm.
- Sunday School 9am. 100 Bible Stories: Adult Bible Class to review Genesis 4, the Children of Adam & Eve. Divine Service at 10am.
- Thanks to all who participated in making our Chicken Dinner a Success.
Keep up to date with current events at our website: www.carlylemessiahlutheran.org
For or more information or a prayer request – contact Pastor Steve Sommerer or the church office 594-3912.